Challenge Title

Friday, September 10, 2010

Getting to Know :: Kim and Heidi

Happy FRIDAY Bloggers & Peachy Friends!! You still have 9.5 days to get your entry in for our latest Tuesday challenge, and I hope you are as excited about our first Let's Face It Friday Challenge next week! Stop by our blog on Friday, September 17th to see creations from our five brand new DT members as they inspire us to make some yummy treats with our Peachy Keen Faces! I announced the new members last week, but since they are new friends (for me too) I wanted to get to know them a little better. I asked them a few questions and here's what they said!

Today, we're getting to know more about Kim & Heidi. Stop back tomorrow to learn a little more about Joanna & Erin, and on Sunday, we'll all get the 411 on Ruthie. ;)

Getting to Know :: Kim {Score} www.paperpunchaddiction.com

How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to create a blog for your creations?
I started my punch art blog one year ago this month! I was inspired to create a blog because I had been teaching stamping and scrapbooking for over 10 years. Everyone kept telling me to start a blog and share my creations, so I did. (Happy Blogiversary, Kim!!)

What are some of your biggest inspirations for creating?
My biggest inspiration for punch art is looking at real life photographs for animals and people. I also love to look at cheap color books for inspiration!

You're asked to get crafty in a room with absolutely no supplies - you can bring five tools. What do you bring with you?
I would love to bring all of my punches but since I couldn't adequately make punch art with only 5 punches, I would bring my fiskars paper cutter with cutting and scoring blade, scor tape, My Mind's Eye designer paper stack, satin ribbon, scissors

What is your FAVORITE Peachy Keen Stamp Face Set and why?
My favorite face set at the moment is Monster Mash, but I know it will change after Halloween is over. I like making little googly monsters and the faces are perfect for that.

Your "go-to" colors to design with?
Pumpkin pie, certainly celery, chocolate chip, cherry cobbler, pink pirouette, creamy caramel (retired), baja breeze (note: These are Stampin' Up colors)

Favorite season or holiday to create for?
Christmas

What die-cutting system or method do you primarily use to craft with?
Sizzix Big Shot

What are five words that describe you?
Creative, Helpful, Hard-Working, Funny, Smart

******************************************************************

Getting to Know :: Heidi Anne {Giebel} gotscraps.blogspot.com

How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to create a blog for your creations?
I've been blogging since March 2007. Prior to that I taught myself to write html and create websites using it. I had created a website for the Syracuse Post Standard newspaper column that I write and in 2007 I switched it over to a blog. A blog is so much easier to maintain. I actually have three blogs that I post to regularly but my paper crafting blog is my favorite.

What are some of your biggest inspirations for creating?
I truly get inspiration from everywhere, I could be going to pick up the mail and something I see along the way will inspire me. Lately, I've been so inspired to create while watching Project Runway. I'll be sitting watching and then all of a sudden I'll think of an idea. Art always inspires me. Renoir is a constant source, even looking at paintings that I've looked at dozens of times before. Marc Chagall is another one of my absolute favorites!! New supplies are so inspiring, scrapbooking supplies as well as art supplies. I also love to look at online paper crafting galleries, there are so many unbelievably talented ladies and gents out there!!

You're asked to get crafty in a room with absolutely no supplies - you can bring five tools. What do you bring with you?
A room with no supplies, that's a hard one. I would have to say,
Paper
my Cricut
my Peachy Keen Stamps
my watercolors
adhesives
I think I could get by with this list... but I'd love to have my white gel pen too!! :)

What is your FAVORITE Peachy Keen Stamp Face Set and why?
PKS-755 Critter Faces Set A Large!!!! It is so versatile. You can use it for critters and also people. You can use it for cows, pigs, birds, cats, dogs, squirrels, bunnies, the list goes on. Plus, there are at least five of the stamps you can use for people, including a little face with glasses!! Love it!

Your "go-to" colors to design with?
Well, lately my go-to colors have been Halloween ones. Typically, I use soft, neutral colors. I love pinks, peach, browns, tans, ivory and pale colors.

Favorite season or holiday to create for?
My favorite season is Autumn! I love all the holidays in the fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving, including back to school!! Halloween is such a fun holiday to create for, with trick or treating, costumes and scary (but sweet) creatures running all over the place.

What die-cutting system or method do you primarily use to craft with?
I use a Cricut Expression with Design Studio. I have 30 cartridges. Simply Charmed is the #1 cartridge on my wish list! I also have a Cuttlebug for my Peachy Keen thin metal dies and my embossing folders.

What are five words that describe you?
teacher, auntie, compassionate, artistic, a procrastinator

******************************************************************

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy getting to know our new DT members as much as I am! We will also be spotlighting our more familiar DT members each Sunday beginning 9/19! Lots of happenings going on here this month, so be sure to check back often!

See you tomorrow, have a wonderful day! :) ~ Angelica

8 comments:

  1. Welcome ladies, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun getting to know more about you girls. Can't wait for the fun ahead :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the challenges to start! Great getting to know more about you gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knowing more about you girls, and I'm really looking forward to being one big peachy family! Can't wait till the challenges begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the question and answer idea. Lets everyone kinda get to know these talented ladies. Awesome idea and can't wait for this to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome!! To PKS.. Face It Fridays DT Heidi and Kim! I have, of course seen both of your work and I am ALWAYS impressed with what both of you come up with! This is a great idea... love getting to know you both better! Angelica has lots of fun planned for you!! :) BIG HUGS!!
    Tons of Love!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a real treat having you join our wonderful PK family Kim!
    Heidi! We'll miss you on the 'old' team, but know you will bring magic to the new one.
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...30 cartridges...great getting to know about you

    ReplyDelete